The Rogue Clinic
The Rogue Clinic is a self pay surgery program centered around providing value for your healthcare dollar. By cutting out the extra fees in simple surgery we are able to provide transparent, simple, and affordable cash pricing for basic surgical procedures. We feel that if a surgery can be performed at a higher quality and lower cost, it is only fair to offer this option to our patients. These procedures are all safely performed in our state of the art surgical suites by our highly trained Plastic Surgeon, Dr. David Graham.
How The Rogue Clinic Works
The Rogue Clinic works by maximizing clinical efficiency. Two Fridays per month we block off our schedule for Rogue Clinic. During these days we schedule 2-3 patients per hour for their minor surgeries. The surgeries are all performed at the same time, in different rooms, by our surgeon and operating room nurse. By optimizing this workflow we are able to increase the number of procedures per hour, which reduces costs while maximizing profits. This allows us to lower our price to patients. Patients spend less money while we remain profitable. Everyone wins!
Advantages of The Rogue Clinic
- More Convenient
- Single Visit. Insurance often requires at least 2 visits: One visit to establish care and request surgical approval, and a second visit for the actual surgery. We only need one visit. No need to complicate things.
- Drive Yourself. As there is no general anesthesia, patients can drive themselves to and from the appointment.
- No Starving. No need to limit eating or drinking after midnight, as there is no general anesthesia. Eat a full breakfast and have your coffee.
- No Follow Up Required. We use absorbable sutures so there is no need for follow up. We will always be glad to see you, but extra visits are not required.
- Less Cost
- 50% Savings. Remember, you are paying out of pocket for this care anyway; you might as well save the money. You will typically pay at least 50% more for the same procedures if you go through your insurance.
- Less Pain
- Smaller Needles. Office Based Surgery is actually less painful than that performed at a surgery center. The needle we use to numb the surgical area is much smaller than the large one they use to start an IV at the hospital or surgery center. As a result, you have much less overall pain.
- Less Risk
- “The Safest Anesthesia is No Anesthesia”. No need to go to sleep means there is no risk of anesthesia complication. We only use local anesthesia, like that used in ER’s and Dentists offices.
- Lower Infection Risk. Multiple studies have shown that office-based surgeries have lower infection risks than both hospitals and surgery centers. Hospitals are hot beds for infections, so why expose yourself to the risk.
- No Need for Preop Testing. Because office-based surgery is so low risk patients do not need any preoperative labs or EKG’s.
- More Green
- 90% Less Medical Waste. Studies have shown that office-based surgery creates 1/10th the medical waste as hospital or surgery center based surgery. You get to save the planet at the same time as saving money!
All surgeries are performed by Dr. David Graham, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, who has over 15 years of surgical experience, and has performed over 20,000 procedures. He is triple residency trained in General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, and Hand Surgery.
We perform our surgeries in our state of the art surgical suite, which meets the highest standards in equipment and sterility. Studies even show that office-based surgery has lower infection rates than both surgery center and hospital-based surgery. This is because at our surgical suite you don’t expose yourself to the super bacteria found at hospitals.
All surgeries are performed using local anesthesia, which is less painful than hospital or surgery center based surgery, gets rid of the need for fasting, and allows patients to drive to and from their appointment. Local anesthesia is also safer. “ The safest anesthesia is no anesthesia.”
The best candidates are those individuals with high deductibles, those with HSA/FSA accounts, and those without insurance. Other great candidates would be businesses who self fund their health insurance plans. Talk to your employer and they may even reimburse you. We ultimately all pay for our healthcare; we might as well pay a lower price.
Yes, according to IRS rules you may use your HSA/FSA account to pay for these services.
The combination of a first office visit followed by a surgery visit often leads to charges greater than $1000. Our Rogue Clinic prices are much less. You can see Dr. Graham’s pricing here.